Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Horray for 2013 Seeds!

Well, I've made my final selections and placed my order for seeds.  This year, I decided to order all of my seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.  Knowing me, I will probably end up with a few additional seed packages from the garden center that I discover I just can't live without, but I am going to try really hard this year to keep my seed purchases under control!

Here's a sneak peek at what will be growing in my garden:

Flowers:
Brocade Marigold
Mother of Pearl Poppy
Button Box Zinnia

Vegetables:
Contender Bean (Repeat from 2012)
French Garden Bean (New to my garden!)
Chioggia Beet (New to my garden!)
Danvers Half-Long Carrot (New to my garden!)
Crystal Apple Cucumber (New to my garden!)
Tom Thumb Lettuce (New to my garden!)
Lincoln Pea (New to my garden!)
Strata D'Italia Zucchini (Repeat from 2012)
Bullnose Pepper (Repeat from 2012)
Vulcan Chard (New to my garden!)

I will also be growing tomatoes (but not seed starting), potatoes, and onions.  I have not decided on those varieties yet, but I plan to purchase them from our local farm stand this spring.

Last year, I let my tennis ball lettuce go to seed, so I will be attempting to grow it from the seeds that I harvested.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment