Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Battle of the Weeds

I've literally never seen so many weeds in my garden.  They came out of nowhere, almost overnight.  I've been invaded by an army of green.

Maybe it was the early warm weather that brought weeds to life sooner than expected, or maybe I got a really weedy batch of compost from the garden center.  But I can't help but feel like somebody is covertly breeding weeds in my garden when I'm not looking.  I went outside last night to find that my beautiful kitchen garden has been conquered by tiny green weeds.  In some spots, the weeds are so thick that they number hundreds in just a little square foot patch.  I've never seen anything like it.

Needless to say, I spent the better part of my evening pulling out weeds.  I've made no significant progress, but hopefully in a few days the headway will be noticeable... 

No comments:

Post a Comment