Monday, September 17, 2012

Seed Sprouts and Other Garden News

Radishes are truly amazing.  Four days in the ground and they were up and growing like weeds!
 
 
 
The greens emerged slower, but by Sunday I had several little patches of green sprouts.
 
 
 
The beets are just beginning to emerge, and the carrots are as yet MIA.  Hopefully I'll be seeing them later this week.
 
In other garden news, I pulled up another 1/3 of the squash garden on Sunday.  There are just a few plants left now, all of which had a little zucchini trying to grow.  We'll see what happens there!
 
I had another huge harvest of cherry tomatoes this weekend, while the large red tomato varieties have largely quit ripening.  I'm tempted to call it, harvest the green tomatoes, and make a batch of green tomato chutney.  However, with so much squash refuse, I really have no room in the garbage can at the moment!
 
 
 
Check of Daphne's Dandelions to see other weekly harvests.

No comments:

Post a Comment