Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Zucchini Mozzarella Rounds


Like many of you, I'm having mixed feelings about zucchini right now.  It's been such a bad year in the garden that I am grateful for every crop that has done well.  However, with a freezer full of shredded and diced zucchini for breads and soups, those 8 zucchini sitting on my counter have lost some of their charm.  Ok, almost all of their charm.  We've had zucchini casserole, zucchini sticks, zucchini quesadillas, ziti, steamed zucchini, fried zucchini, zucchini bread, zucchini cake...you get the idea.  I've run out of ways to make zucchini exciting.

Over the weekend, I came across this new, and simple, recipe for zucchini mozzarella rounds.  They were fast, easy, and very tasty.

Zucchini Mozzarella Rounds

Ingredients:
1 large zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
1 c. mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Arrange zucchini in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes, turning them once at 5 minutes.  Remove zucchini from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.  Place baking sheet under the broiler and broil approximately 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese begins to brown and bubble.  Remove and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Mary, I am glad for your suggestions for the zucchini. Like this cheesy one! I too struggle sometimes but have found a few recipes I really like. They are on my website. I particularly like the zucchini fritters with whipped feta.

    ReplyDelete